Things I Always Keep in My Car
I love to be prepared for just about anything. My boyfriend is the opposite, he thinks that whatever we need we can always stop at a store. I prefer to have things on hand -and the amount of times I have been proven right just validates my belief. So here is my list of all the things I always keep in my car for day to day convenience.
For emergency situations check out my post on Essentials for Car Safety and for more storage, organization and cool gadgets check out my post on Amazon Car Gadgets! Plus Check out my Mom Car Essentials Guide for even more tips to stay organized with kids. And my Must Have Dog Car Accessories for those with pups!
- Hair Ties, Bobby Pins, & Hairbrush
- Gum, Mints, Mouthwash and/or Waterless Toothbrush mouth fresheners
- Make Up Wipes
- Travel Size Dry Shampoo & Hairspray
- Hand Sanitizer & Face Mask (Because COVID)
- Bug Spray & Sunscreen (keep in mind not to leave aerosols in your car in case it gets too hot!)
- Non Perishable Snacks- Granola Bars, Trail Mix, Gummy Snacks
- Reusable Water Bottle – don’t leave plastic water bottles in your car as the heat could melt the plastic and contaminate the water.
- Spare Change & Emergency $20
- Paper, Pen & Pencil (pencil in case your pen ink freezes in winter)
- Change of clothes (usually sweats) including socks & underwear
- Flip Flops or comfy flats
- Wet Wipes, Lysol Wipes & Paper Towels
- Towel & Wet Bag
- Reusable Tote Bags & Plastic Bags- garbage, puke bags, dog poop, whatever you need a plastic bag is there
- Lip Chap & Lip Gloss
- Extra car fluids (washer fluid, coolant, motor oil- whatever your car needs)
- Hat (sun hat in the summer, toque and gloves in the winter)
- Advil, Tums, Gravol & Polysporin
- Phone Charger & Car Adaptor
- Hand Lotion
- Tide To-Go Pen
- Sewing Kit & Scissors
- Lint Roller
- Duct Tape
- Travel Razor & Mini Shaving Cream
- Nail Polish Remover, Nail File & Nail Clippers
- Contacts, Eye Drops & Spare Glasses
- Cutlery – either a travel reusable set, or a disposable set
- Wrinkle Release Spray or Travel Steamer
BONUS: 5 Things to NEVER keep in your car!
- Fizzy Drinks– too hot or too cold and these things will explode……everywhere! Just always bring them inside
- Condoms– too hot or too cold and it could compromise the integrity of the material and lead to easier tearing or breaks. It’s always good to be prepared, but using a faulty condom without realizing it is the opposite of what you want.
- Life Saving Medications– Most medications are temperature sensitive and won’t work as well if they’re exposed to too much heat/cold. Allergy medication, Epi-Pens, and Insulin are the top three off the top of my head. If you need to pack them for a road trip or a day outing to the park/beach, make sure to pack them in a cooler. If your Advil or Gravol isn’t as effective at least it won’t risk your life.
- Valuables– Makes it too tempting for thieves and a shattered window (not to mention stolen items) is never fun to deal with
- Crayons– they will melt and make a mess!
Comment Below: Is there anything not on my list that you never leave home without?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Listen, I know plastic bags are TERRIBLE for the environment. But we’ve all been halfway through shopping at the grocery store when you realize you forgot your reusable bags […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. There is nothing that makes a house feel like a home than photos on the walls. We have lived in our house for about a year now, but were […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. What are Sensory Bins? Maybe you’ve heard of the newest toddler trend: Sensory bins! If you haven’t, a sensory bin is basically a small clear bin (like these!) with […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade Peach Green Tea Lemonade is my favorite summertime drink from Starbucks. But I didn’t want to spend $5 per drink, because I could […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Warmer days are here at last! I am so excited to get to spend as much time as possible outdoors with our little guy. After being cooped up indoors […]