Copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade
Peach Green Tea Lemonade is my favorite summertime drink from Starbucks. But I didn’t want to spend $5 per drink, because I could seriously drink about 100 cups this summer! I decided I wanted to recreate this drink in a big batch recipe at home. It turned out absolutely delicious and quenched the thirst of the whole family. It was super easy to make this copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade at home. Peach is my favorite summer fruit and it pairs perfectly with refreshing green tea and bright lemon. I could seriously chug this drink! I know this will be our go to pitcher drink this summer for our family AND to bring to BBQs. BONUS You can also add alcohol it makes a delicious cocktail! And for an another awesome summer recipe, you can freeze the Peach Green Tea Lemonade in popsicle molds for a yummy summer frozen treat!
So if you want a delicious and easy copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade recipe keep reading!
For more delicious drink recipes check out my Spring Cocktails and Easter Cocktails!
To make it into a Cocktail:
GIN: For a gin recommendation I would use a more floral gin or a more herbal gin. You don’t necessarily want strong juniper or pine notes coming though. Gin Mare or Victoria Gin would be a really good match!
VODKA: If you prefer vodka instead, try finding a peach flavored vodka or mixing Peach Schnapps with a neutral vodka to bring out even more peachy goodness! The ratio I would use is 1/2 cup Peach Schnapps to 1.5 cups Vodka.
BOURBON: You could also use bourbon for a deeper sweet note. This would be reminiscent of a strong southern style sweet tea. The flavors would be a little deeper, but it wouldn’t be overpowering or unapproachable to those that don’t normally drink bourbon straight. Buffalo Trace is a sweeter bourbon that isn’t overpowering or smoky.
RYE: Rye is becoming such a trendy alcohol! It’s similar to a bourbon or a whiskey, but made with the grain rye (like rye bread). Crown Royal is a Canadian Rye company that is coming out with awesome new flavors, such as Peach Rye! That would be the perfect addition to make this copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade into a delicious summer cocktail that everyone will love!
Peach Green Tea Lemonade Recipe
- 1 cup White Sugar or Caster Sugar
- 1 cup Water + 6 cups Water
- 6 Green Tea Bags (or 6 tbsp. loose tea)
- 1 cup diced Peaches (Fresh or Frozen)
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- Optional: 2 Peach Bellini Tea Bags- I had these already, so I added them, but they aren’t strictly necessary.
- Optional: 2 cup Alcohol of Choice (Adjust more or less to your flavor preference!)
- In a small sauce pan, combine your diced peach, sugar, and 1 cup of water.
- On medium heat, bring to a gentle simmer. Stir and mix well until the sugar completely dissolves and it reaches a syrup consistency. If it begins to boil, take off heat immediately. You don’t want the syrup to turn to caramel (although the peaches may affect the color slightly). You are looking for a clear, syrupy consistency, but it doesn’t have to be maple syrup thick.
- Allow the syrup to cool. I like to leave the peaches in, but you can strain them out if you would like after the syrup cools.
- In your pitcher of choice, combine the other 6 cups of water and all your tea bags or loose tea. I find a cold brew iced tea results in smooth, not bitter flavor. However you will need to let it steep overnight in the fridge. If you want to speed things up, you can boil the water and brew the tea normally. For green tea it is best steeped at 185 degrees Fahrenheit for 1-3 minutes or it will get bitter.
- When your tea is done steeping, remove the tea bags or strain out the tea leaves. If you did a hot steep, wait for the tea to cool.
- Add your lemon juice, peach syrup, and alcohol (if using) to your tea.
- Mix well and serve over ice.
- Your tea will be good for about 1 week covered in the fridge, but I doubt it will last that long! In our house, we down a whole pitcher in 2 days tops!
Did you try this recipe at home? Comment below how it turned out!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Listen, I know plastic bags are TERRIBLE for the environment. But we’ve all been halfway through shopping at the grocery store when you realize you forgot your reusable bags…Keep reading
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. There is nothing that makes a house feel like a home than photos on the walls. We have lived in our house for about a year now, but were…Keep reading
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. What are Sensory Bins? Maybe you’ve heard of the newest toddler trend: Sensory bins! If you haven’t, a sensory bin is basically a small clear bin (like these!) with…Keep reading
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Warmer days are here at last! I am so excited to get to spend as much time as possible outdoors with our little guy. After being cooped up indoors…Keep reading
Give the gift of sleep. Check out these 20 gift ideas for people that love sleep! Rest, relaxation and waking up refreshed is the best gift you can give! If you have trouble sleeping, work during the day, are stressed, or jetlagged try these products for the best sleep of your life!Keep reading