If don’t already have a diaper bag, check out My Favorite Diaper Bag post. One of the things I love about that diaper bag is how much I can fit into it! I am a person that likes to be prepared so I have a lot of Diaper Bag Essentials. This diaper bag would work so well from newborns-toddlers and multiple kids to keep all the necessities while you are out and about. I like to organize my bag into sections. This diaper bag has lots of pockets so that makes it super easy to organize, but if your bag just has one big pocket try using travel packing cubes to stay organized. This list may seem like a lot of stuff, but honestly it all fits in my bag without being too heavy and because it’s backpack style it’s easy to carry. Plus there’s still room for more!
Also check out my Mom Car Essentials for all the things you should keep in your car to make mom life easier!
Here are my Mom Must Haves for keeping in the diaper bag:
1. Diaper Changing Supplies-Obviously this one is an essential if your little is still in diapers.
- Changing Pad-My diaper bag has an attached changing pad, but if yours doesn’t you’ll want to pack one.
- Diaper Wipes
- Rash Cream/Baby Powder
- Poop bags– We literally buy Doggie poop bags in a roll and use them for poopy diapers on the go. Keep the smell (and the mess) separate. Plus if you have any other messes (like poop explosion pants) just throw them in the bag to keep the mess contained!
- If your little one is potty training, check out this super cute portable seat that helps little tushies fit on regular toilet seats!
2. Spare Clothes
- Extra Outfit-I like to keep an extra outfit for each kid (if you have multiples) and an extra shirt for myself
- Extra Socks– because they are constantly getting pulled off and lost
- Hat (I like a thin cloth hat for colder months, and a sun hat for warmer months)
- Drool Bib- I LOVE these Alva Baby Bibs. I think we have about 20 of them. Malcolm is a drooler especially while he’s teething. These bibs are so absorbent and they protect his shirt/jacket. Plus they are super stinking cute and come in lots of neutral colors, patterns, and solid colors.
Malcolm is old enough now we don’t use breastmilk or formula. But this bag has lots of room for pumping parts, formula, or bottles. If you are still producing milk, don’t forget the nursing pads, feeding cover, and burb cloth!
- Bottles-I usually pack a bottle of milk and a bottle of water or juice depending how long we’re going to be out and about for. The insulated pockets are perfect for this. Plus the USB charger means if you need to use a portable USB bottle warmer you’re all set!
- Utensils– I pack a toddler friendly fork and spoon plus a pack of disposable utensils for me
- Feeding Mat- If we have time to stop and eat, I like this mat to contain messes. I usually don’t pack a bowl or plate, just this super cute mat.
- Bib- We like a full coverage eating poncho for meal times to protect his clothes.
- Wet Wipes/Cloth- I like to have a few wet wipes (usually we’ll just keep some of the ones you get at restaurants or take out bags). Plus I keep a little face cloth that’s easy to use wet or dry. The wet/waterproof pockets are perfect for storing them once they’re used!
- Portable High Chair- I like this cloth one because it fold up teeny tiny to make it extra portable in case I need to stabilize him on a regular chair.
- Non-Perishable Snacks- I prefer to just have some of these packed at all times in case we’re out longer than expected and I didn’t pack a proper lunch. I include granola bars, fruit leather, puff snacks, freeze dried yogurt melts, and squeeze fruit packs. I also will pack a little granola bar or snack for myself.
4. Misc– the random necessities
- Sunscreen & Bug-spray- I pack travel versions at all times, unless I know I’m packing for the beach or an all day outing in summer
- Hand Sanitizer– I like the spray version best, because I use it on our hands and on any toys/surfaces
- Toy/Book– He has special travel toys and books that don’t have a lot of parts, are easy to carry, and if he accidentally loses them we’re not heartbroken
- Travel Kleenex or Boogie Wipes
- Teething Chewer (or for a pacifier for a baby)
- Small Muslim Blanket– Also works for a towel or changing pad, or burp cloth in a pinch
- Baby Wrap– If you’re still in the baby wearing phase, don’t forget your wrap!
- Portable Fan- This one is little and USB Chargeable
5. First Aid
- Spray Polysporin
- Nail Clippers & File
- Tweezers & Mini Scissors
- Oogie Boogie- This little booger scraper gets in his little nostrils when my big fingers can’t reach the bats in the cave
- Ibuprofin & Child Advil
- Nose Spray
6. Mom Essentials– The things I pack for me!
- Phone & Phone Charger– This diaper bag has a USB charging port so you will never worry about a dead phone again!
- Lip Chap
- My Water Bottle– Even my big 1L water bottle fits in the side pocket!
- Face Mask
- Pen/Pencil & Paper
- Hand Lotion
- Hair Ties & Bobby Pins
- Compact Mirror with mini brush attached
Moms, comment below: What are your diaper bag essentials?
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Listen, I know plastic bags are TERRIBLE for the environment. But we’ve all been halfway through shopping at the grocery store when you realize you forgot your reusable bags […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. There is nothing that makes a house feel like a home than photos on the walls. We have lived in our house for about a year now, but were […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. What are Sensory Bins? Maybe you’ve heard of the newest toddler trend: Sensory bins! If you haven’t, a sensory bin is basically a small clear bin (like these!) with […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade Peach Green Tea Lemonade is my favorite summertime drink from Starbucks. But I didn’t want to spend $5 per drink, because I could […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Warmer days are here at last! I am so excited to get to spend as much time as possible outdoors with our little guy. After being cooped up indoors […]