This Mini Egg Banana Bread is perfect for Easter! It’s easy to make, delicious and I like to pretend that banana bread is a healthier dessert because hey, it’s got fruit! I am a Mini Egg fiend around Easter time, so this recipe speaks to my heart. It’s been boyfriend tested and approved. This banana bread is best served warm from the oven. My favorite topping is just a bit of butter spread on top so it melts in, but you could also drizzle it with maple syrup, caramel, or a cream cheese icing. If you are serving an Easter brunch (or you’re just staying at home) this Mini Egg Banana bread is absolutely amazing!
For More Easter Ideas check out: Easter Basket Ideas for Adults, Easter Bunny Wreath, Easter Cocktails, Paper Easter Eggs, 3D Paper Easter Bunny, Mini Egg Fudge, Mini Egg Macarons, 3D Easter Sugar Cookies, Toddler Easter Basket Ideas
- 3 Very Ripe Bananas
- 1/3 cup Melted Butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Large Egg
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Oat Flour
- 1/2tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2tsp Pumpkin Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Crushed Mini Eggs (I used a food processor to give a rough chop, but you could also use a rolling pin to hand crush them between 2 clean tea towels)
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter Chips – They’re like chocolate chips, but they’re peanut butter!
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Celsius. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl roughly mash 3 ripe bananas with a fork.
- Add in your egg, vanilla extract, maple syrup, sugar, and melted butter. Mix well so that everything is incorporated and your sugar is all dissolved.
- Sprinkle in your pinch of salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin spice. Mix again.
- In a separate bowl, mix together your flour, oat flour, baking soda, Mini Eggs, and Peanut Butter Chips. Make sure your Mini Eggs and Peanut Butter Chips are coated in flour so they don’t just sink to the bottom of the loaf. Realistically you could leave the peanut butter chips out and your banana bread would still be delicious. However I love that every second bite or so you get that rich velvety peanut butter burst in your mouth. It really gives it something Extra!
- Incorporate your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. I like to add about half the dry ingredient mixture, stir, then add the other half and stir again until it’s all mixed. You don’t want to over mix.
- Transfer into the greased loaf pan and put it in the oven.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 min. Some ovens run hot and your loaf may only need 35 min, or you may need up to an hour. I like to check mine at 30 min, 40 min, 45 min, 50 min, 55 min, and 60 min. You will know if it’s done if you can stick a toothpick (or knife) into the bread all the way to the bottom and it pulls out clean (not goopy or doughy). If the top is starting to get too golden brown, cover it with aluminum foil.
- Once cool, cut around the edges of the pan to help remove the loaf. Enjoy!
Comment Below if you tried this recipe!!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Listen, I know plastic bags are TERRIBLE for the environment. But we’ve all been halfway through shopping at the grocery store when you realize you forgot your reusable bags […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. There is nothing that makes a house feel like a home than photos on the walls. We have lived in our house for about a year now, but were […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. What are Sensory Bins? Maybe you’ve heard of the newest toddler trend: Sensory bins! If you haven’t, a sensory bin is basically a small clear bin (like these!) with […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade Peach Green Tea Lemonade is my favorite summertime drink from Starbucks. But I didn’t want to spend $5 per drink, because I could […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Warmer days are here at last! I am so excited to get to spend as much time as possible outdoors with our little guy. After being cooped up indoors […]