Cheers to Spring!
Try these 5 delicious and pretty Spring cocktails. I love floral and fresh cocktails that are light and refreshing. These drinks are beautiful and well balanced. Celebrate the flavors of Spring time! These cocktails are easy to make- no bartending experience necessary. Some of these drinks require Simple Syrup or flavored Simple Syrup. Don’t be intimidated, simple syrup is-as the name suggests- simple to make. Check out my DIY tutorial here!
That being said, it does help if you have the proper tools. A shaker cup, jigger, bar spoon, and peeler are definitely helpful (although not strictly necessary). This cocktail kit from Amazon is super affordable and will help you make amazing drinks for years to come!
If you like these drinks, don’t forget to check out my Easter Cocktails!
5 Pretty Spring Cocktails
Light, fresh, and not too sweet! This cucumber mojito is perfectly refreshing cocktail to enjoy after an afternoon of gardening.
- 3-4 Mint Leaves
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- 1.5 oz White Rum
- 3-4 Cucumber Slices
- 1 oz simple syrup (for a recipe on how to make simple syrup click HERE
- Soda Water (or Prosecco!)
- In the shaker (or a glass) muddle together your mint leaves, cucumber slices, and lime juice. Muddling is simply squishing/grinding in order to release the juices and oils. The lime juice simply helps absorb all those good juices and oils and infuse the flavor.
- Add your simple syrup and White Rum.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for at least 15-30 seconds.
- Strain the shaker into a new glass (with new ice)
- Top with soda water (or for extra fun, top with Prosecco!) For most drinks you want a ratio of 3-4 oz of juice/alcohol and 1-2 oz of soda water in order to have a balanced cocktail. Now 3-5 oz for a drink doesn’t sound like much, but in a 6-8 oz glass filled with ice its a typical restaurant serving.
- Give a quick stir, garnish with a lime or cucumber slice, and Enjoy!
Lavender is calming, but can easily become overwhelming and perfume-y. Lemon juice helps cut through the floral notes and make the cocktail more balanced. If you want a gorgeous deep purple color, try adding butterfly pea powder. It’s basically flavorless, but a small pinch makes the drink a deep blue. When you add citrus, the color changes from blue to purple (or pink with lots of acid!)
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- 1.5 oz Vodka (gin would also work really well)
- 1 oz Lavender Simple Syrup (It’s super easy to infuse simple syrup with dried lavender buds, or you can buy premade syrup here)
- Optional: Pinch of Butterfly Pea Powder
- Water or Soda Water
- Add all the ingredients to a shaker full of ice.
- Shake vigorously.
- Pour contents into a glass, adding more ice if needed. Top with water or soda water, garnish and enjoy!
This floral bubbly drink is one of my favorite cocktails of all time. A Spring twist on a classic French 75. Elderflower is another floral almost perfum-y flavor, so a little goes a long way. Otherwise your drink could end up tasting like grandma’s soap!
- 1/2 oz St Germaine Elderflower liqueur
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1 oz Gin
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup (If you find the drink too sweet, make it without the simple syrup)
- Add your St Germaine, lime juice, gin and simple syrup to your champagne glass.
- Top with prosecco
- Garnish with a twist of lime and Enjoy!
Strawberry Basil Bourbon
I love using herbs in cocktails and strawberry basil is a classic combination. Now don’t be frightened off by the bourbon. I promise that this cocktail is approachable to non bourbon drinkers! Not too sweet, not too harsh, just refreshingly balanced.
- 2-3 Fresh Strawberries
- 2-3 Basil Leaves
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1.5 oz Bourbon of choice
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup (Honey syrup would also work really well in this drink!)
- Muddle together the strawberries, basil, and lime juice in your shaker cup. You want all the strawberry juice released and pulpy.
- Add in your bourbon, simple syrup, and ice.
- Shake! At least 10-15 seconds of hard shaking.
- Strain into your glass of choice. For this recipe, because of the strawberry seeds and basil bits I will often double strain using a fine mesh sieve.
- I like serving this is a coup glass without ice, but you can also add fresh ice and top with soda water if it’s too strong for your preference.
This ‘Bell of the Ball’ drink tastes like a garden in a glass. Bell Peppers and chives are not a typical drink ingredients, but they are the star of this pretty Spring cocktail! Put a little ‘Pep’ in your step! Okay I’ll stop with the puns haha.
- 3-4 Slices of Red Bell Pepper (seeds removed)
- 1 oz Peach Schnapps
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1 Chive stalk
- 1/2 oz Simple Syrup
- Soda Water
- In your shaker, muddle together the slices of bell pepper, the chive stalk, and the lime juice.
- Add in your Peach Schnapps, Vodka, and simple syrup.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain the drink into a glass filled with new ice
- Top with soda water, garnish and enjoy!
So those are my 5 favorite pretty Spring cocktails. Did you try making any of these drinks? Comment below how they turned out!
Pretty Spring Cocktails
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Listen, I know plastic bags are TERRIBLE for the environment. But we’ve all been halfway through shopping at the grocery store when you realize you forgot your reusable bags […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. There is nothing that makes a house feel like a home than photos on the walls. We have lived in our house for about a year now, but were […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. What are Sensory Bins? Maybe you’ve heard of the newest toddler trend: Sensory bins! If you haven’t, a sensory bin is basically a small clear bin (like these!) with […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Copycat Starbucks Peach Green Tea Lemonade Peach Green Tea Lemonade is my favorite summertime drink from Starbucks. But I didn’t want to spend $5 per drink, because I could […]
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click and purchase through these links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Warmer days are here at last! I am so excited to get to spend as much time as possible outdoors with our little guy. After being cooped up indoors […]